Just the random ramblings of a stay at home mommy...

Thursday, May 8, 2014

3 and counting

I posted in January of last year that I was going to give this running thing a try.

That was 16 months ago and I'm happy to say that I've kept at it. Not as much as I wanted to but I'm still going. I've done 7 5ks to this point (wow!!! never thought in a million years I'd do even 1 mile!) and I have another race this weekend and then Memorial Day.

I am NOT a fast runner. Nope. My 5k average time is about 45 minutes so I don't see many medals in my future. I'm dang proud of the 3 that I have though (finishers' medals but hey! they're medals and I FINISHED!).



The first one is from the MRTT 2014 Winter "Virtual" 5k, the middle is from the MRTT 2013 Summer "Virtual" 5k, and the last one is the 2013 Jedi Challenge "Virtual" 5k. I love these. I have them hanging in the bedroom so I can see them every morning.

I'm pretty proud of myself for keeping at it. I'm sure I could do so much better if I actually trained a bit more but hey, I'm happy. :)

I'll let ya know when I add to this medal total.


No comments:

Post a Comment