It's one of those times where you have to sit back and just wonder "wth?" Y'all know the time. Good, close friend just disappears off the face of the planet and you can't get in touch with them...for several weeks. You then go through several stages:
- Don't worry because they must be busy.
- Start to worry after some time passes, hoping everything is okay.
- Really, really worried that something bad has happened.
- Start to wonder if you did something to upset the friend and spend hours racking your brain trying to figure out what in the world it could have been (and coming up with nothing since the last conversation you had with them was great).
- Okay...I'll just keep my cool and hopefully they'll get in touch when they can.
- Enter into the "am I hurt or mad" phase (am I hurt because this friend that I thought was so close has disappeared or am I mad?).
- Grrrr..... (still hope they're not hurt or something)
- Fluctuating between 5, 6, 7, and 8. :)
Yeah, I'm at step 9 at this point. I'm more hurt at this phase as I can't bring myself to be "mad" at them yet. Its just sad when you find yourself in this situation with someone you really cared about (though you are aware of some "outside circumstances" that may be keeping them away, though they should know they can talk to you about it.
There....there's my sad post. Every blog is supposed to have some serious stuff occasionally, right? :)