Just the random ramblings of a stay at home mommy...

Wednesday, December 17, 2014

It Smells Like Christmas!

I've started hosting a little Christmas party each year for my kids (this was my 3rd year doing it). Nothing real fancy. I pick a "theme" (this year was The True Christmas Story, last year was the Grinch) and then come up with a simple ornament for them to make and a treat to decorate. We always make reindeer food from the reindeer food bar and read a story that fits with the theme. Simple and quick. Really. Lasts about an hour. This year I wanted to do one of those simmering potpourris on the stove so my house would just smell like awesome Christmasness. ;-) After a quick Internet search I decided to go with this "recipe" as it was the most common one I came across. 


1 orange, sliced
1 cup of fresh cranberries
3-4 cinnamon sticks
2 Tbs cloves

Put all ingredients in a pot on the stove, add water to within about an inch of the rim, and simmer on low. 


It truly smelled amaze-balls. I started it about 1ish for a party that started at 5. Everyone walked in and commented on how awesome it smelled. I will say I was a bit surprised at how expensive the cinnamon sticks were but it was worth it and I've got enough left over to make more on Christmas Day. 

Enjoy and Merry Christmas! 

No comments:

Post a Comment